If you are interested in joining Wallingford Rowing Club please get in touch with our Club Captain. Please also familiarise yourself with our safety policies and boat use policy; you will be expected to adhere to these at all times.
We have various categories of membership, the fees for which are listed below.
Membership fees effective 1st December 2017:
|Full adult rowing||£39.00||£468.00|
|Student, OAP, Junior, U25||£29.00||£348.00|
|Cox, Coach, Social||N/A||£39.00|
|Non-rowing (gym only)||£26.00||£312.00|
|Rack rent per seat (includes EA license)|
Please note that racks are not automatically available; there is a waiting list held by the rowing club.
- Rowing members may use all facilities of the club including boats and training equipment under the direction of the club captain.
- Cox membership is for active coxes, who may use all facilities of the club EXCEPT boats other than to cox crews. Cox membership does not give entitlement to row or scull as well. All coxes must wear a buoyancy aid or lifejacket while on the water, in accordance with the Amateur Rowing Association Water Safety Code of Practice.
- OAP Rowing membership is available to members who have reached State Retirement Age, and allows all of the benefits of full rowing membership.
- Unwaged rowing membership likewise allows the benefits of full rowing membership, and is available to unemployed members and/or those drawing state benefits.
- Non-rowing members may use all of the facilities of the club except boats and rafts. Use of any training equipment shall be under the direction of the Club Captain.
- Social members may use all of the facilities of the club except boats and training equipment.
- British Rowing classifies Wallingford Rowing Club as an “open club”, meaning that anyone is entitled to join the club. Each rower’s needs will be assessed on an individual basis, to determine what reasonable steps could be made to enable them to participate, if any.
- Subscriptions are normally paid by monthly rolling direct debit. Members may also pay annually, in which case subscriptions become due for renewal on January 1st of each year, at rates to be decided by the membership at the AGM.
- DATA PROTECTION ACT: Your name, contact information and membership details, including required medical and emergency contact information, will be held in a database by British Rowing via your profile on ClubHub, but which is also for the convenience of the club (for sending out emails, newsletters, meeting announcements etc.). If you have queries about personal data please contact British Rowing directly.