River status: RED
Wallingford Rowing Club is situated on one of the best stretches of river in the UK, with 10 kilometres of uninterrupted rowing between Benson Lock, north of Wallingford, and Cleeve Lock, just north of Goring-on-Thames.
Wallingford RC is a relatively small rowing club, but still boasts its own purpose-built gym and a large and high-quality boat fleet, which is regularly maintained and refreshed.
The club was founded in 1947 and recently celebrated its 70th anniversary. Throughout its lifetime, club members have had many successes across all age ranges, including at Henley Royal Regatta, Henley Women’s Regatta, Henley Masters’ Regatta, National School Championships and World Masters Championships. Wallingford RC members have also represented Great Britain at the Olympic Games and World Rowing Championships.
If you are interested in finding out what’s new at Wallingford RC, please follow our Twitter, Instagram and Facebook pages!
- British Rowing website: https://www.britishrowing.org/
- British Rowing advice on Coronavirus: https://www.britishrowing.org/2020/06/latest-british-rowing-advice-on-coronavirus-covid-19/
- Wallingford Rowing Club kit page:
- Benson Lock downstream gauge level Twitter:
- Environment Agency river conditions downstream of Benson Lock: https://eons.net/benson-stretch.html